Recovering damages for your Invokana injuries
If you or a loved one were seriously injured or hospitalized due to the side effects of Invokana, you may be left with more than just health conditions to deal with. Your Invokana injury may leave you with large medical bills and expensive long term healthcare needs.
By filing an Invokana lawsuit against the makers of Invokana, you may be able to recover compensation for your damages. The law gives you a remedy to hold the wrongdoers responsible for your economic losses, physical pain, and emotional harm.
Invokana economic damages claims
Any amount of time in the hospital can have a devastating economic effect on an injury victim and his or her family. If you suffered a serious injury from taking Invokana, you may be left with large hospital bills, medical expenses, and long-term care needs.
Compounding these injuries may be a loss of income from staying in the hospital or recovering from the injury. Filing an Invokana lawsuit claim can help recover compensation for economic damages such as:
- Lost wages: past, present, and future income lost as a result of your Invokana injury
- Hospital bills: even a few days in the hospital can be a monumental expense
- Medical bills: Insurance may not cover all of the treatment for your Invokana injury
- Long-term health care: a serious Invokana injury may leave you with costly, long term health care needs
- Funeral costs: if you suffered the tragic loss of a loved one due to an Invokana injury, you may be able to recover the funeral costs for laying your loved one to rest
- Other support: depending on the laws of your state, activities like chores, preparing meals, and caring for children may all be assigned an economic value for compensation
Invokana pain and suffering injury claims
The harm suffered to Invokana injury victims is not only measured in clear economic losses like paychecks and medical bills. Invokana injury victims and their families may suffer tremendous amounts of non-economic damages like physical pain and emotional suffering.
Most jurisdictions give you remedy to recover for pain and suffering and actionable claims vary from state to state. The injury attorneys of The Cochran Firm, D.C. can research and help determine which laws apply to your Invokana lawsuit. Victims and their families may be entitled to recover for pain and suffering in different ways depending on the laws of their state of residence.
Speaking to an experienced Invokana lawyer can help answer specific questions on what kinds of non-economic damages you may recover for you in your state. These are just some general guidelines on what the law allows you to recover for:
- Physical pain and suffering: the law allows you to be compensated for the physical pain you experienced during your injury, lingering pain, or permanent disability
- Emotional suffering: Invokana injury victims left unable to participate in daily activities they once enjoyed may recover for this emotional pain. In some circumstances, families who tragically lose their loved one may recover for the emotional comfort, guidance, and emotional support they once enjoyed from them
- Loss of consortium: The emotional suffering of losing the comforts provided by a spouse
Invokana injury lawyers
The Cochran Firm, D.C. is actively investigating Invokana injury claims across the country. If you suffered a serious injury from taking Invokana, The Cochran Firm, D.C. can help you recover for your losses by filing an Invokana injury lawsuit. The compensation you receive can help alleviate your economic burdens and allow you to begin the healing process.
The Cochran Firm, D.C. offers free, prompt, and confidential case reviews. We represent our clients on a contingency basis to there are no legal fees unless we win your case.
Call us at 202-682-5800 to reach us during business hours or at 1-800-THE-FIRM (843-3476) to reach us 24 hours a day. There are strict time deadlines when filing an Invokana injury claim so please contact The Cochran Firm, D.C. today and preserve your legal rights.